Surfrider urges last-minute rally against breakwater project
Surfersvillage Global Surf News, 20 November, 2013 - Bastion Point, in VIctoria, Australia, has entered the second week of the continued destruction of it's home pointbreak. After more than 10 years of fighting plans for a new breakwater and boat ramp at Bastion Point, bulldozers have begun their task right through the center of the break.
Surfrider is urging concerned surfers to lobby the Napthine Government and are suggesting any/all of the following methods:
• Writing an eletter by clicking here (hosted by VNPA).
• Signing this online avaaz petition.
• Writing a letter to Premier Napthine, 1 Treasury Place, Melbourne, 3002.
• Send the Premier a message via his website contact form.
• Like Save Bastion Point! on facebook to view daily updates and to share info.
Another protest rally against the development will be held this Friday, 22nd November, at 10.30 am outside the Mudbrick Pavilion. The rally will coincide with the Mallacoota Ocean Access Boat Ramp Community Advisory Committee meeting run by the Council.