High Line Festival of Surfing calls for submissions
Surfersvillage Global Surf News, 28 May, 2014 - Mill Valley - The High Line Festival of Surfing today announced its call for film submissions. Held at the Sweetwater Music Hall in Mill Valley, California from September 5-7, 2014, the film festival will feature both short and full-length features that focus on wave riding and the love affair surfers have with the ocean.
“The High Line Festival of Surfing is pleased to announce our call for submissions for this year’s festival,” said Ari Lurie, founder of the High Line Festival of Surfing. “With past events including films from such renowned story tellers as Taylor Steele, Jack McCoy, Nathan Oldfield and Chris Malloy, we are sure that this year’s submissions will be second to none. We look forward to this year’s lineup.”
Here are the submission guidelines:
• Feature films must be over 30 minutes
• Short films must be under 30 minutes
• Films must have been completed after January 1, 2012
• Films should focus on wave riding and the ocean
• Films should be submitted via a password protected link
• There is no submission fee
• All films must be submitted by July 1, 2014
• Official selections will be made by August 1, 2014
This festival is a chance for surfers and ocean lovers to gather and celebrate the surfing lifestyle through film, music and art. With more than 20 films, three evening concerts, surf photography and art exhibits for all ages, the High Line Festival of Surfing will be the preeminent event this fall. Please submit all entries to ari @ surfthehighline.com.