Sorry, your version of Internet Explorer is too old to view SurfersVillage.com properly.

Why not try Chrome instead.

zo

Villages:

Surf group fights problem of missing children in South Africa

 

 

Missing Children

Annual Surf Emporium Celebrity Surf Day in aid of Missing Children South Africa to take place at Muizenberg

Surfersvillage Global Surf News, 30 August, 2017 - The sad reality in South Africa is that a child goes missing every five hours, according to figures released by the South African Police Service Missing Persons.

Missing Children South Africa (referred to as MCSA) is a registered non-profit organisation that devotes their time to bringing these missing children home safely. Fortunately, according to Missing Children South Africa’s statistics, 77% of children are found. Sadly, this still leaves them with at least 23% of the children not being located which is largely attributed to huge budget restraints.

On Saturday September 9th 2017, Surf Emporium Muizenberg will host their annual Celebrity Surf Day to raise funds for MCSA in order to assist them in their incredible mission.All proceeds will be  donated to MCSA.

 One hundred spots will be made available for a fun, group surf lesson and if you have ever dreamed of surfing with some of your favourite SA celebs, this is your chance.

If you sign up to Surf Emporium's Celebrity Surf Day now you will get the chance to surf with some of South Africa’s top athletes, comedians & surfers.

Sign up for a 1.5 hour surf lesson with a team of South African celebrities and spend the morning with them. This will be a 100 person group lesson where the celebrities will move between the learners in the group.

This year celebrities such as Protea Dale Steyn, Faff du Plessis & Morne Morkel as well as Olympic swimmer and medallist, Cameron van der Burgh and comedian Nik Rabinowitz will all be at the event.

Participants will receive 1.5 hours of professional surf coaching and all equipment including surf board, wetsuit & rash-vest will be included in the package.

They will also have access to professional high resolution images, be awarded a participation certificate and will receive a Surf Emporium peak cap signed by a celebrity.

In addition they will be able to enjoy a post surf Vida e caffè solo hot chocolate & cheese toastie.The total package is R399 per person.

Surf Emporium also offers incredible corporate group packages for team-building functions which encourage camaraderie while having fun and help raise money for a great cause:

Another way to help raise funds for the Missing Children cause is to sponsor a child from the Waves 4 Change project which give them the opportunity to surf with the group of celebrities.

A donation of R399 gives one child a place and smaller donations go toward a child's place in the group. 100% of the donations go to MCSA. There will also be an opportunity to purchase memorabilia that has been donated and 100% of the funds raised will go to MCSA. These items will go on display in the Surf Emporium Surf School front window as soon as they are made available.

Finally the purchasing of a raffle ticket for R100 for “raffle packages" that will be on display at the store means will result in more funds being raised for MCSA.

Viewed: 
Weight: 
0
 
 

Latest photos

Newsletter

Follow us and sign up to our daily newsletter