Ubiquitous GoPro challenged by Polaroid
Polaroid Introduces Line of Hi-Definition Sports Video Cameras
Surfersvillage Global Surf News, 20 September, 2012 : - - Polaroid introduces a new line of hi-definition sports video cameras at Photokina, September 18-23 in Cologne, Germany. The newest additions to Polaroid’s robust instant camera and camcorder offering, the Polaroid XS sports video cameras provide users with the ability to take videos and still images in a variety of sport settings. Waterproof technology, low-light capabilities and a sleek, lightweight form enable action enthusiasts to capture and share all of life’s adventures. Additionally, video and images can be captured virtually anywhere thanks to a variety of mounts that come standard with each model.
“Polaroid’s philosophy for the past 75 years has been about sharing life with fun and easy-to-use products,” says Polaroid President Scott W. Hardy. “Our new line of hi-definition sports video cameras brings this idea to a new level. Whether you are downhill skiing or surfing at your favorite beach, the cameras offer the portability, durability and versatility needed to capture and share your most memorable moments.”
Offered by C&A Marketing, Inc., an authorized Polaroid licensee, the Polaroid XS hi-definition sports video camera line features a number of versatile models. All models come equipped with bike and helmet mounts to help capture any type of action and media cables to easily share memories with friends and loved ones.
The Polaroid XS7 is designed for action. Features include:
• Professional CMOS sensor capable of capturing 720p HD video or 5MP still images.
• 2” full-color touch screen display for immediate playback of videos and images.
• Waterproof case, making the video camera waterproof for up to 10 meters.
The Polaroid XS20 is just the right camera to document your adventure on land or sea. Features include:
• Professional CMOS sensor capable of capturing 720p HD videos or 5MP still images.
• High capacity battery allowing users to shoot for up to three hours.
• Waterproof for up to 20 meters.
• 8 built-in LED lights for shooting in all environments.
• Motion detection sensors to initiate recording, which also allows the camera to also act as a security cam.
The Polaroid XS100 is ready for action with its easy-to-use single button record. Features include:
• Professional 5MP sensor, HD video in 720p, 960p and 1080p video and 3MP, 5MP and 16MP still images.
• Aerodynamic design, shock-proof exterior and distortion-free ultra wide lens, which provides 170° of coverage, helps ensure the highest-quality videos, even during extreme action.
• Adjustable frame rates like burst shooting mode, time lapse and fast and slow motion, allowing users to see their action in a new way.
• Auto rotation G-Sensor so the camera will always capture the best shot, no matter it’s position.
• Waterproof for up to 10m and features professional low-light performance for shooting in all environments.
• Dual file recording with every HD video, creating an additional smaller file for easier uploading and sharing to social media sites.
The Polaroid XS hi-definition sports camera line has a suggested retail price of $69.99, $99.99 and $199.99. Cameras will be available at Polaroid retailers in mid-October.
Author: Melissa Hoistion
Tags: Video Cameras, Polaroid, POV