British schools return to Bude for champs
British Schools Surf Champs
Surfing Great Britain
Widemouth Bay, Bude UK
20 - 21 April 2013
POSCA & Calypso on board to sponsor Wideouth Bay event
Surfersvillage Global Surf News, 18 March, 2013 : - - Building on the success of last year, the 2013 Calypso British Schools Surf Championships will again be held at Widemouth Bay, Bude on the 20-21st of April. 2012 was a pivotal year in the development of Surfing GB and 2013 promises to be an even more exciting year, as we look to provide the competitive selection of our members with more opportunities to strut their stuff on the National stage.
We will be kicking off this year with a bang and inviting all the UK’s juniors to participate in the 2013 Calypso British Schools Championships. The event is an opportunity for juniors (u18’s & below) to not only perform for personal glory but to represent their school.
This year’s event will also include free and exciting activities provided by POSCA & Calypso for competitors and spectators alike to have a go at. The event holds specific importance to a selection of the Juniors who will be battling for selection for the 2013 GB Junior squad to travel to Nicaragua and the World Junior Games and others beginning their efforts to achieve selection to the 2014 squad.
Over 100 juniors aged between 12 and 18 from over 30 schools across England, Wales and The Channel Islands will be competing. There will be both team and individual competitions and SURFING GB expects to see some impressive action as well as ensuring fun for all.
SGB’s project manager Nick Rees says “Both the participation and performance levels of Junior Surfing throughout the UK is rapidly growing and events like this are a great opportunity for the Surfers to show off their talents in a competitive but fun environment”.
- Each school/college can enter teams of up to 10 surfers and there are no restrictions on the amount of entrants from a school/college entered into a specific category e.g. A school can enter all 10 surfers in the U18 Open Bodyboard if necassary.
- Individual prizes will be awarded within each division.
- Combined results from Surfers respresenting each school/college will inform an overall school/college as the British School Champions.
- Entry is only permitted to Surfing GB members, if you are not a current member please visit surfinggb.com/membership to join
- Check website for more details
Source: Surfing GB
Author: Rob Tibbles
Tags: British Schools Surf Champs, Schools, Surfing GB
British School Champs: Surfersvillage