Oakley Surf Shop Challenge revises schedule
Oakley Surf Shop Challenge
Oakley Surf Shop Challenge announces 2013 schedule
Surfersvillage Global Surf News, 21 March, 2013 : - - The Oakley Surf Shop Challenge is just around a the corner and a slightly revised schedule has been announced. The April 15-16 dates at Casino Pier have been moved to Manasquan Inlet, Manasquan New Jersey. The seven-event regional qualifying series will kick off on April 5th at Seaside Reef in Cardiff, Calif. and conclude on June 1 at 54th/56th Street in Newport Beach, Calif., with stops in Florida, North Carolina, New Jersey, Northern California and Hawaii in between.
Surf shops from around the United States will compete for an all-expense paid trip-of-a-lifetime to the National Championship in Bali, Indonesia, in conjunction with the inaugural Oakley Pro Bali, with a holding period of June 17-22.
The storied and unique event series pits four-man teams (two surf shop pros and two shop employees) against each other for a chance to win $10,000, an advertising spread in SURFER Magazine, and the title of best surf shop in the country. This year marks the second consecutive year for each regional qualifying team to earn an enviable trip to Bali, Indonesia, a major coup in itself, despite the National Championship outcome.
The revised 2013 Oakley Surf Shop Challenge calendar
• April 5-6 – Southwest – Seaside Reef, Cardiff, Calif.
• April 9-10 – Southeast – Ponce Inlet, Fla.
• April 12-13 – Mid-Atlantic – Kitty Hawk or Nags Head, Outer Banks, NC
• April 15-16 – Northeast – Manasquan Inlet, Manasquan, NJ
• April 19 – Northwest – Steamer Lane, Santa Cruz, Calif.
• May 10 – Hawaii – Ala Moana Bowl, South Shore, Haw.
• May 31-June 1 – West – 54th/56th Street – Newport Beach, Calif.
• June 17-22 – National Championship – Keramas/Canggu, Bali, Indo.
Author: Dawn Hamilton
Tags: Oakley Surf Shop Challenge, Surfer Magazine, Bali