2010 ASC Media Awards less than 3 weeks left to nominate!
Surfersvillage Global Surf News, 17 September, 2010 : - - Nominations for the 2010 Australian Sports Commission (ASC) Media Awards close on Friday 1 October at 4.00pm, so make sure you get your entries in! The ASC Media Awards recognise excellence in sports journalism and sports broadcasting and are a great opportunity to have outstanding work rewarded.
In 2010 there are several new categories and, for the first time, nominations are being accepted online as well as by post.
The online nomination system is proving very popular and so far we have received some great entries.
Journalists can nominate for the following categories:
1. Lifetime Achievement Award for Contribution to Sports Journalism
2. Best Reporting of an Issue in Sport
3. Best Coverage of Sport by an Organisation Broadcast Media
4. Best Coverage of Sport by an Individual Broadcast Media
5. Best Coverage of Sport by an Organisation Print Media
6. Best Coverage of Sport by an Individual Print Media
7. Best Profiling of an Athlete, Team or Coach Broadcast Media
8. Best Profiling of an Athlete, Team or Coach Print Media
9. Best Sports Journalism from Rural, Regional or Suburban Media
10. Best Sports Photography
11. Best Depiction of the Value of Sport to Australians in a Community Setting
12. Best Coverage of Women in Sport
13. Best Coverage of Sport for People with Disability.
Work must have been published in Australian media for the first time between 28 September 2009 and 30 September 2010.
Winners will be announced at the presentation gala dinner at Doltone House (Pyrmont Point) in Sydney on Thursday 25 November 2010. Finalists will receive two free tickets to the presentation gala dinner. Those finalists living outside of Sydney will also be provided with travel to the Awards and accommodation at Star City on the night. Guests will be responsible for their own travel.
For further information on how to enter and to submit a nomination online, please visit the Media Awards website.
What's your take on this?
Post your thoughts: SV Forum
New Survey: Map Surfings future
Media Industry - Surfersvillage