FCS collaborates with Kolohe for a new performance fin
Surfersvillage Global Surf News, 18 September, 2014 - FCS announces new Kolohe Andino fin. The new fin delivers a mix of drive, pivot and tail release for performing fast, explosive turns and airs on and above the wave. The construction of the fin is versatile giving you a feel similar to a traditional fiberglass fin but is still lightweight.
• Designed in collaboration with Kolohe Andino
• Available in Small and Medium sizes
• Performance Core (PC) construction
• Fast, dynamic fin designed for explosive turns
• Suited to beach breaks and point waves
The best way to describe Kolohe’s style of surfing is fast and explosive. He likes to push hard off the bottom and then perform dynamic turns on and above the lip. The well balanced nature of the KA template facilitates this style of surfing perfectly.
• Available as a thruster set in medium and small sizes, with all 3 fins sharing the same template.
• Flat inside face on the side fins, great for making very fast directional changes.
• High sweep angle is offset by moderate curve in the tip and trailing edge.
• Translates into a fin with plenty of drive and hold, yet releases easily off the top.
This versatile construction delivers a consistent feel similar to a traditional fiberglass fin, but with the advantage of reduced weight. The stiff flex pattern extends progressively from the base through to the tip helping the surfer to maintain drive and hold through a turn. PC fins are reliable, very responsive, and can be used in a variety of different conditions.