Two Australians have died in the past week during Mentawai trips
Surfersvillage Global Surf News, 3 September, 2015 - Another Australian man has been reported dead according to the Mentawai police. Adam Albert Dube was found dead on Wednesday morning after disappearing the night before.
Mentawai police chief Reko Indro Sasongko told ABC said the group of 10 arrived in the Mentawai late on Tuesday and after drinking on their charter boat decided to go for a midnight swim.
"After an hour they returned to the boat, but only nine showed up. Dube was not there,” Sasongko told ABC.
Those aboard the boat searched for the missing man through the night but he was not found until Wednesday morning. His body was taken to Padang city, according to Mr Sasongko.
Another Australian surfer, 54-year-old Ronald Stephen Schneider, died last week after sustaining injuries from colliding with the reef.