Big Wave Updates
Keala Kennelly, Paige Alms, Andrea Moller & others work new platform
Surfersvillage Global Surf News, 18 December, 2014 - Twelve female big-wave surfers paddled out at Mavericks on Wednesday as the culmination of a six-week, first-of-its kind production called the WickrX Super Sessions. The event was put together to raise the profile of women’s big-wave surfing.
Keala Kennelly, Paige Alms, Bianca Valenti, Andrea Moller, Sarah Gerhardt and others spent the prior several weeks surfing their own home spots — in Northern California and Hawaii while recording footage, lifestyle tidbits and performance tips to share on social media and the WickrX Super Sessions' online hub.
A $55,000 purse was divvied up Wednesday night for various achievements over the six-week event and, on Thursday afternoon, the surfers held one final live-streamed roundtable for fans.
· Best Overall – Keala Kennelly, originally from Kauai and loves surfing Jaws. She’s been surfing since she was 6 years old.
· Biggest Wave – Paige Alms, originally from Maui and has been surfing since she was 10 years old. Her favorite surf spot is Jaws.
· Most Viewed Video – Bianca Valenti, originally from San Francisco and loves surfing Ocean Beach.
· Best Lifestyle Videos – Andrea Moller, a mom of three and originally from Brazil
· Surfer’s Choice – Sarah Gerhardt, originally from the Central Coast in California and absolutely loves surfing Mavericks
Wickr was founded by the strong belief that private communication is a universal human right that is extremely important to a free society. Private communication is the most powerful non-violent weapon we have to give power to the people to build a strong social system. With this weapon, we can create evolution instead of revolution. Human evolution is core to the mission at Wickr. So today, we are launching the WickrX Foundation, an organization dedicated to advancing, promoting and supporting human greatness and evolution in all its forms.